Just 15 years ago, businesses found new customers through the yellow pages, broadcast media, print advertising and outdoor advertising. Today, 91% of prospective customers use the internet as their primary source of information. Today leads are driven through the internet, and are then converted into new customers with relevant, informative and engaging content.
Typical topics on website pages include:
- About Us (Staff, company history, business philosophy)
- Services (with descriptions)
- Products (with descriptions and photos)
- Photo Galleries
- Tips/FAQs (What are the 10 most frequent questions your customers have?)
- Special Offers
- Contact Info (with a Google map to show your location)
The problem is that these are the expected norm, and don’t really get a prospective customer truly enthused about you and what you offer. All of your competitors offer the same information. You need to stand out from the crowd!
Enhance your prospect’s experience on your website and you can enhance your bottom line. Here are a few ways to do that:
- Gather testimonials from customers and spread them around your website. Place them where they are in context with the main focus of the page.
- Write and post educational, informative blog posts on a regular basis,
- Post brief, but not very sales focused, announcements on your social media sites. These should be things like what’s changed in the business, local events, holiday greetings, etc. These make current and prospective customers feel connected to you. And, put a link on each announcement back to your website.
- Develop brief, 1 to 3 minute videos showing how you actually do what you do. Product videos are great too! And, people love “How to” videos. Post these on your website and on your branded, custom YouTube channel.
Any business can leverage the power of internet search, digital content and social media to win new customers.
To learn more, or if you have questions or comments, call Wayne at 985-796-1288